Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Post 50 - Day 20

I've not been blogging for long but this is my 50th post and to think in the short time I've been here I have had nearly 1,500 visitors. How cool is that??!!

The postcard I made yesterday the 20th turned out in fact to be 6 postcards. I made paper using lint fibres and silk fibres with various cut threads floating in the pulp, as seen in the photos below -one is a close up of the edge Pressed this and once dry cut it into 6. I very simply free machined my customary Heart design using a variegated thread - each one is just little different as I don't draw the design on.These six postcards will be sent out to my friends in the Artsnthemail Heart swap. I'll post them slightly closer to the 14th Feb deadline, but not just yet.
I have a few small pieces of fabrics left from the postcards so far and want to make some of those 1" x 1" pieces (charms - I think they are being referred to on various blogs) I just don't know if they need stiffening and backing like the postcards and ATC's and how on earth do you stitch round something so small with a zig zag????? Any suggestions??

No comments: