Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

More stuff..

This lovely postcard arrived this morning from Donna - it is so glittery and lush - you hold it to the light and get sparkles in different colours from different directions - so clever! Thanks DonnaSome arty photos in the garden - this is the shadow that my table and chair made this morning - may use them as the basis for something!
Do you remember the lamps I bought in Marrakesh - one is going rusty - I had purchased it in the hope it would rust!! Not sure if I can use it to rust fabric - will think about that one - how would I wrap the fabric around the top?Next is a small old piece of fabric that was torn in my stash - it is now on the ironing board as the basis of another project - more in the next couple of days!! Watch this space.
I'm not very good at dyeing and just throw fabrics into the tray and pour dye over them - not sure what type of fabrics these are (odd colours like grey) and I'm not sure what type of dye this is either - found it in a box without instructions. Looks like it is brewing OK - will see tomorrow when I rinse and dry!! I've never been one to do things with instructions and definately not scientifically. If it works it does, if not then I can try something else another day!!

Oh - and I've never used gloves when dyeing either!!!!!!....... Not sure what the office would make of this - may have to resort to bleach later!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

If your fabrics turn out to be as pretty as your fingers they will look great :)

Doreen G said...

I -like you forget to wear gloves when I use dyes and then rock up to communion on a Sunday with coloured hands--not a good sight at all.