Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday

This is the most beautiful postcard I received in the last few days (and am sorry that I have not been blogging to share this with you) - so THANK you NIKKI. It is just the most delicate and lush piece I have seen for a long time!! The reason I have not been blogging recently is two fold - firstly I have had nothing to say!! and secondly I'm so tired! I feel permanently exhausted these days, work is tiring.

I did not even have a weekend off this bank holiday weekend - I had a lovely but very busy time at Farncombe Estate from Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon on a course being taught by Sandra Meech, called The Creative Edge.


The course was meant to re-ignite creative juices - I found Friday evening and part of Saturday a little slow as we covered ideas I had already covered in a course with Sandra last year on Creative Sketchbooks, but the later days did get better. As usual I went off on a slight tangent - Sandra taught lots of different techniques and most of the other students were happily trying these out. I on the other hand found once I had created a pleasing paper design (see below) started to make fabric samples using some of the 'technique attempt pieces' that needed adjusting and ended up with three potential background fabrics rather than a selection of different mixed media samples. My theme was loosely based on my current work with Klimt and I think the three fabrics have a slight essence of Klimt! - There is potential to continue.




The two pics below show some of the other students on Monday afternoon - at our sort of summary show - where we laid out our samples and Sandra commented on them. My 'patch' is in this top photo bottom left area - the yellow and purple pieces - I seemed to be the only student to have a colour coordinated set - the others had done more variety which is what I think we should have been doing!!! (I am always the odd one out!!).
I'm of to bed now as I am exhausted!

3 comments:

arlee said...

Gorgeous work, Anna! As for "doing what evrybody else is"----as long as you learned something from the course and applied it to *your* style, i'd say it was a success :}

Alis Clair said...

Great work Anna.
I love your pieces.
Hugs, Alis

Nikki said...

Your welcome