Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I LOVE HIM TO BITS!

Do other textile artist mums with grown up sons have experiences like this.....

Telephone rings: Mum you remember those flame PJ/lounge trousers I had a Uni?
Yes son.
Can you find them in the boxes in my room - I need them for a fancy dress party.
Yes of course son.
Oh and when you have found them can you stitch up the fly - you like sewing!!
Yes of course son.
Oh and then can you take them up by about 2 inches.
Yes of course son.
Oh and can you open up the right hand side and bung in a pocket - just get some fabric, about A4 in size and fold it that will do and with something like Velcro to close it as I will need to take my wallet safely !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's only for fancy dress!!
Yes of course son (I said, by now, in shock).
Oh and mum can you post them to me tomorrow!!!!

I DO LOVE HIM TO BITS!!!!!!!!!!
I did find the trousers - it did take some searching......... They are such fun.....

And I did stitch up the fly and take them up by 2 inches. The tricky bit was the pocket - The fabric of these trousers is the cheapest most slithery stuff! It frays like crazy. I could only find one side of my Velcro but I did find a zip. He did say they were just for fancy dress and a fancy pocket was not really necessary so I inserted the zip and made the rough A4 cotton pocket as requested.... Hopefully they will last for the fancy dress!! Of in the post tomorrow!!!

I DO LOVE HIM TO BITS!!!!!

5 comments:

arlee said...

Oh my--my son has those too :} He made them, but i'm the "up keeper" on them--by mail too :}

Doreen G said...

Sons are priceless really aren't they--they think we can perform miracles--and at times we do--just for them.

Gina said...

Anna that sounds just like my experience with my son and his Elvis costume! Why do they always think you like that kind of sewing?... but what a good Mum you are!

Nikki said...

Something to look forward to.

Kate North said...

Well, I don't have a grown-up son, but I do have a DH who asks if I have a baby quilt we can give to a co-worker going on maternity leave - tomorrow. I sense similarities!