Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Planned my next outings....

Although I am feeling a little more enthusiastic I still have not done any art work for a while. The purple/yellow quiltie I was going to send for the Unlimited threads swap is now not going anywhere - it has been snatched by the art fairies who lurk in my studio and use my work for their own purposes - a bit like The Borrowers ! - in other words I have lost it somewhere in the studio so am going to have to make a different quiltie!!!!

I wish all those who have become the 12 x 12 Quilt group much success - I will enjoy reading the blog to see what delights you all come up with!!
I have spent the last few wet weeks making an item go rusty outside - I am not going to tell you what it is until another post! Suffice it to say it is beginning to look good - I wrapped it with some small pieces of cream poly cotton and very impatiently left it for a week. Today I could wait no longer so I unwrapped it and these are the results. Itching for stitching.




I have now wrapped the item with three more pieces of the same fabric and will try to leave them alone for longer this time . These pieces of fabric came as a stack of off cuts from a scrap store years ago - The stack is about 10cm tall so there are loads to go !!! - they were all cut to the same size of 26cm x 12 cm so should be great for various sampling exercises and could eventually be a good size for postcards and ATC's!!

Anyway getting back to today's title - I have today planned myself an expedition for next weekend. On Saturday I am going to go to Upton House in Dorset to see the exhibition by Wessex Textile Artists and then on to see Yvonne Morton's own show Bournemouth University.

I have also booked my tickets as a visitor to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace. I am going on the Thursday for a change!!

2 comments:

Micki said...

Your rusted pieces look great. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Well, are we going to try an meet somewhere on Thursday?
Susan