Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Awesome Sculptures

Yesterday just moments before I was due to leave work my boss asked if I would join him to 'fly the flag' for the firm at a local Community Foundation reception. Two thoughts instantly crossed my mind - 1) how dull and 2) yippee another way to procrastinate rather than working on my assessment piece. So I agreed and went along..... WELL - it turned out to be very interesting ..... the other attendees (there were not very many) were as I expected a little 'posh' but the venue was (as my kids would say) AWESOME!!!!!

The Community Foundation is a charitable organisation that helps local disadvantaged groups, schools and those living in disadvantaged areas in Wiltshire - which is really great work and the talks were very interesting. The reception was held at Roche Court which is near Salisbury in Wiltshire, within the most beautiful setting the 'estate' houses a phenomenal Sculpture exhibition space. The sculptures are dotted about amongst beautiful flower borders, a walled garden, woods, fields and a brilliant award winning gallery which is a extension to the beautiful early 19th Century house...... It was brilliant!!!

DO check out their website or better still get down to Wiltshire!!!!! - It was great to wander through the grounds and view their latest sculpture exhibition : New Generation Revisited - British Sculpture from the Sixties and Seventies A Tribute to Bryan Robertson,10 May - 7 September 2008 with works by such artists as Anthony Gormley , Barbara Hepworth and Barry Flanagan as well as many many other artists. I have not been this close to such wonderful work for ages.

We are also very privileged to have a preview of their up coming exhibitions: PETER RANDALL-PAGES Stones, Sunlight & Shadows: New Sculpture in the Woods 21 June - 26 October 2008 and also POETS' RIDDLES IN STONE -Curated by Gary Breeze & Kevin Crossley-Holland 21 June - 7 September 2008.

I cannot express just how brilliant this evening was!! I really wish I had time to stop and sketch some of these amazing works.

No comments: