Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Update

After yesterday's gripe I contacted the local University (Bath Spa) to enquire about their teaching degrees and whether the course listed as "Education/Textile Design Studies" Joint honours BA would give me what I need to teach. The lovely lass on the phone was very understanding and explained that this course is not really enough for teaching I would really need the degree (does not matter what the subject is) plus a PGCE (Post Grad Certificate in Education).

Unfortunately (Carole I did read your comment after my phone call) they cannot accept me directly onto a PGCE course without a degree so once again my C&G qualifications count for nothing.

I have thought of a different avenue though - I will try to contact local schools direct. If I could get a job I could then train - daft as it sounds the government do have courses for those already working in a school to train as a teacher!! If that does not work I will offer my services in one of two ways - i) making prom dresses or offering an after school club for youngsters to make their own prom dress or ii) as an Artist in Residence or after school club artist/workshop provider in more embroidery/textile related items.

I am determined to see where this can go.

I Want to TEACH.......

2 comments:

Genie said...

Good Luck Anna, Keep at them, You will probably have to creep in by the back door.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

I do hope you find a way to teach and get the necesary qualifications.you have a well thought out plan and you even have alternatives to explore - something will come of all the effort you are putting into your quest to teach.Best wishes .