Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Stuff

Yesterday I had a delightful day with my children. My youngest (daughter) graduated from Middlesex University yesterday and her older brother came for the day. The weather held before the ceremony so I have some lovely photos. Heavens opened towards the end of the ceremony so it was wet going home. I am very proud of both of them - they both have degrees - well done T & E (it's only me now that does not have a degree!!)
On to textile stuff... during our last weekend at Urchfont, between setting up the exhibition, we set up an indigo vat and I had a go for the first time of indigo dyeing. My piece was previously scrunched and turned out a bit paler than I anticipated. So today I sprayed it with a delicate wash of pale orange/rust procion dye. It looked stronger when wet but is drying out on the line now. Sorry this pic is on its side. My intention is to stitch it all over with a spider web/veining design before creating a new garment.

No comments: