I have now cut out main fabric pieces- see second pic below... You can tell that I have made many garments in the past because I am soooooo frugal with fabric when cutting out. The fabric in the pic is obviously folded right sides together and is the leftovers...There is always something that can be done with off cuts. In this case I need them for a while to make the raised spirals as shown in a previous post, and something for a giveaway (maybe)!
The main pieces.....I have also closed my poll (in fact removed it) where I asked your opinion as to how I should fasten this bodice. The results:
Lace up at front (44%)
Lace up at back (44%)
Hooks and eyes at front (11%)
Hooks and eyes at back (0%)
Other - leave a suggestion in comments (0%)
So a tie for first place, however if you are really cleaver and understand pattern cutting you should be able to guess from the layout above which I have chosen!!
I hope it looks good when I have stitched it together - I do like the look of it on my dining table. There is still more work to do on the surface - I'm not just going to stitch it together, bone it and done !! Oh No there is def more surface work to do.