Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Knitting and Stitching

Wednesday afternoon I had a lovely time with my daughter before getting a good nights sleep to avoid a very long drive to the Knitting and Stitching show. My daughter lives about 15 minutes away from Alexandra Palace so it was just brilliant. And what a lovely sunny day too. I met a couple of my blogging friends and spent the day with my very dear friend Jan. Jan gave me this gorgeous ATC - it is all hand stitched and the texture is awesome. Thanks Jan. Maggie Grey's book was definitely worth going to the show for and to see the works up close was brilliant. Watching Maggie demonstrate gave me a couple of ideas to add to my long list.Ray Slater's dolls were also delightful and I was delighted to get a copy of her book too. It's been a while since I made a doll but again another idea to add to the list.The rest of the K&S show was 'OK' I would not say it was as good as previous years but nevertheless I came away a little inspired by at least three works they are: here -sorry I did not make a note of the names of the first two makers - the top quilt was made by a Russian lady and the detail is just fantastic - this should have won first place!! Next the surface texture of these pieces is lovely - they would look good in my living room and finally a graduate - here you can see her name Sara Boccaccini Meadow - it was difficult to photograph her work because she was tucked into a corner but her illustrations (which are stitched in places) were just fantastic. We had a lovely time looking through her sketchbook. I think this lass will go far. To finish off the day I spent the early evening with my daughter again before driving home. All in all a lovely day and a half!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Beautiful ATC Anna. glad you had a good day at the K & S