Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

UFO's

Unfinished Objects... I now have several. I think the reason they are mounting up is, as Jan pointed out on Thursday, my work has become very flat! I know I have been making bodices or costumes and they are 3D but the most recent pieces have been getting flatter and flatter which does not inspire me right now - they are 'textured' but have no depth interest if that makes sense. I think I have a creative block when it comes to raising the surface texture right now. The pile of UFO's includes...... the red/gold bodice a bright coloured multi fabric bodice cut out and most recently my teabag fabric ready for a bodice - I have just got bored with stitching the teabags - when I did it before it was fun - this one feels like a chore and is taking forever to stitch.
If any of you can come up with some ideas to inspire me to do something with the above items please feel free to let me know.
Of course now too there are the two books from yesterdays workshop!! They are now in the pile.

We have another meeting of the GWE tomorrow to work on the Steam exhibition pieces. I still have not even come up with a design or idea for an item. But as I don't think I will have a job by tomorrow I will go along to the meeting and see if some design idea strikes me!!

No comments: