Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

More Free Stuff

Apologies for a couple of the photos being a bit blurry - my phone camera is OK but not as good as my proper camera - want it back dear daughter if you are reading this!!!!

The lady I have replaced in my new job (she is still with the firm but moved to the job she was really employed to do) is moving house and clearing out her attic found these off cuts of fabrics from some ball gowns she made over 18 years ago - perfect condition and too good to chuck out so she decided to chuck them my way !! Thanks (I am not sure you read this but THANKS if you do). Yummy - there may be more !! First is a piece of blue lace it is only 50cm wide but there are 5.5 meters of it! Next a odd shaped piece of black lace (roughly 2 metres here) the bad close up shows the fact that the lace has a bourdon cord overlay. Next is a couple of metres of a fabric which she described as 'black and red'. When I first saw it I was not really impressed - the wrong side looks a bit too glittery for me... Close up..... but when you turn it to the right side it is the most delicious black velvet with these waves of sparkle - Really quite exciting. My stash is growing so big I don't know where to start to use it all!!

1 comment:

Purple Missus said...

That was naughty Anna - when you said 'More Free Stuff' I thought it was a giveaway and I was right on the button **LOL**

What a grand start to your new job - lucky you.

Have you decided yet between Christian Lacroix/Textiles 21?
What a very difficult choice.