Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Workshop

Yesterday I 'taught' a wonderful group of ladies - Newbury Embroiderers Guild!! We were doing my Coffee Grid books workshop - these ladies were just so quick to understand the techniques and produced some wonderful samples - With many of them taking the techniques further - just what my workshops are all about - I offer a basic starting point and away they go!! A wonderful experience!! I have a full memory stick of pictures. Some of which I will share with you here - I'm sorry I don't have all names - So I will not include any - that's fair and I can't make mistakes!! Wonderful work!! - First two pictures are, for me, a great sign - all heads down busily working!! Some of the wonderful basic grids.. Grids and a completed mini book (I give each student a small pack of pieces to complete a book in the afternoon - some complete some don't which is how it should be). Applying a grid to a colourful background makes a very different original piece.... A very delicate, almost finished book.... Adding contrasting/complimenting elements in different arrangements..... trying different grids - the 'wavy one' - before and after wetting with coffee - how about a 'spiders web' will this work?? Before.... and of course - a successful 'after' photo!! What about random swirls?? Will they work??? Yes !!!
I was so impressed by this lovely group. I hope they enjoyed the day and that each has taken a little something from the course. I had a great time!!

4 comments:

Genie said...

Glad it went well Anna
some lovely work

Sharne Gregory said...

Looks an interesting technique. I like the spider web.

sharon young said...

What a great technique, it looks fascinating. I'm just looking into making FME lace and delicate structures.
Your class seem to have produced some great results.

Julie said...

Beautiful work Anna.