Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just checking in

Yes I am still here. Been busy working on my Klimt bodice -nearly finished it now. Also been bit depressed (not sure why) so last weekend I took myself off to the coast. Look how peaceful it was.... virtually no people (suits me fine!!)- I did a bit of a trek - Poole, Sandbanks, Milton, Barton, Christchurch, Bournemouth and Lymington (not necessarily in that order) and on the way home I stopped for fish and chips in Lyndhurst. LOVELY
This weekend I have been to the museum in Cirencester to see the museum and also to see a textile exhibition there called Artifact - it was interesting and the museum was free as it was 'Heritage weekend'. I took loads of photos as usual - hope to get re-inspired.

Other news: My son did very well in the Dragon Boat Race so thanks to those who supported him.
On my walks the Passion flower I showed you before is now fruiting... And I rescued this.... I passed it on my route and noticed that it was tangled in what looked like wire - thinking nature would do its thing I left it, but on my return walk I felt I could not leave the poor creature no matter that it is vermin. It was squeaking in pain so I took a stick and untangled it and left it alone. Two days later it was still sitting there squeaking but by the third day it had gone. Not sure if it managed to get away by itself or if something else did the deed! Still I feel better for not having killed it. By the way it was huge!!

OK Back to Klimt.

2 comments:

Karin Millson said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. We love that area of coastline. Can't match it but yesterday we did do a long walk up to 10 peaks in Alberta's Banff national park, and saw the Larch changing colour. Very uplifting. Rats - ugh... I have enough trouble dealing with mice in the house here.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

You are very brave! Last year when my hubby went away, he forgot to de-activate the trap and it caught a huge one. I had to deal with it because by day 5 I couldn't stand the smell. I think you deserve a medal xx

Hope you are feeling a little more cheerful. Sometimes, we all feel like this for no reason. Hope it lifts soon. Sending a hug.