Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Catch Up - Part 2

MEG and Oberon (now not Oberon)

Weekend before last I had a great weekend with M.E.G (Machine Embroidery Group) - the theme of the weekend was printing - I, as usual, did not do as much as I would have liked but one thing that was really great was the soft lino that Viv had for us. It was a joy to cut and I created this stamp... It printed beautifully on to my Blue cord. The Blue cord...... Oberon ....... I was given a commercial pattern for a Frock coat which I thought might be the starting idea for the Oberon costume. So I decided to make a toile during the MEG weekend. However, rather than use calico I decided to use the blue cord and the blue lining (which I have a whole roll of each) - so here it is... Made on Saturday (yes start to finish in one day!!) Fully lined!! only thing it needs is buttons and it is wearable. Only having completed it and chatting with Janet I have decided it is a) the wrong style for Oberon - it would obviously not be as plain and b) it is far too heavy for the costume in my mind. SO... this will now become the basis of another costume - brewing in my head - The Dandy Highwayman. You will have to watch this space for both Oberon and The Dandy Highwayman!!

No comments: