Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The next Titania update

So where have I got to so far:
The stomacher is complete apart from the eyelets.

The bodice and it's lining are prepared and now the cord I told you about in the last post is being hand stitched to it - this will be a slow process - before the bodice is finally put together.

The small ruff has had a layer of net applied to it - this has toned down the colour to something more acceptable - it has however covered the raised bits of lace so may be distressed later. I am about to start hand stitching the lace to its petersham band.

Now I am also starting the next bit - the Rebato. This will be made from wire - using a similar method of work as my iron work piece from years ago.. you can see I have used my original 'design' shape of a sort of heart, for the work on Titania's stomacher - and will be used on the rest of the costume. Anyway - using a similar technique - what I am doing today is... using this..... pushing it into this lovely yarn from Colinette Yarns - )You must view their site - their yarns are too die for - absolutely wonderful but I think they may have stopped producing this particular one)..... anyway..... so it looks like this..... and then stitching over it, as one would do a cord - here is my test sample. Again - this may turn out to be another 50 metres - I have not yet calculated the quantity of covered wire I will need - As you know I work by guess work normally !!

No comments: