Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Friday, January 01, 2010

NEW YEAR - START AS YOU MEAN TO GO ON....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Someone once told me that you should start the New Year as you mean to go on, so if you party and start with a hangover hmmmmmm what will your year be like?? I had a quiet start to the year - my children were back at their respective houses with their boy/girl friends and I watched the fireworks on TV whilst stitching!! So I hope my year will be a creative one!!

What was I stitching? - well the white bodice of course (although in daylight I have realised there is quite a lot of cream/off white in it). Using my favourite Sorbello stitch and the mother of pearl buttons that I have rather a lot of.I went to bed at around 2am and was up again at 7am. The first thing I did when I got up was put the bodice on the mannequin to see how it looks so far.... There is still a lot of work to go. Then it was off out for my walk. It is beautifully crisp outside today. Frozen puddles.... which are very inspirational - could this be a quilt?? Moss and Lichen which sparkle in the sunlight.... The hedgerows have been trimmed back a lot over the last few weeks so now you can really see the delights of the brook... Pretty footprints in the frozen muddy footpath..and of course, my friends the chickens.... some of whom had escaped under the fence on my way back and I was able to get these lovely close ups.. Now its back to blog reading and then more stitching!!

No comments: