Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Monday, April 05, 2010

Bank Holiday Morning Non Textile Creativity

Getting up at 6am on a Bank Holiday - why? just because I did - so out into the garden very early for some non textile creativity! - I raked some of the moss from the lawn, tried to aerate it with the fork and tidied up the borders. Then it was off to the recycling centre with a car full of cardboard (I have accumulated loads in my garage over the last year or so) and a couple of bags of garden waste. When I got to the recycling centre there was a very, very long queue of cars with all the drivers out chatting - one chap came over to me and said he had been waiting for 40 minutes already as it seems everyone in the area had the same idea!! So I turned round and went to the garden centre first. There I purchased some lawn seed, some lawn feed and weed and some seeds! Back to the recycling - no queue!! Yippee!! Back home lawn fed, and patches seeded. Then some of my seeds planted - in the tiny green house I now have some hardy herbs and on the kitchen window sill - the basil and beans! The salad mix leaves will have to wait for the pots to get slightly warmer and I may plant them next week (under cover).Now it's 1pm and I am exhausted and hungry but feeling GOOD!!!! I love being creative!! The garden does look a bit of a mess but hey in a couple of weeks it will look good! And in a few (or less) months I will have some nice stuff to eat!
Whilst in the garden I did ponder: Why does moss invade the lawn and the lawn invade my borders? Why can't the grass stay where it should then the moss would not have a chance! Why do poppies and forget me nots seed my lawn instead of seeding the borders? What is wrong with these things!

Anyway time for lunch and a textile creative afternoon!!

No comments: