Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

To ease the pain......

When life smacks you in the face what do you do?

Having recently grumbled about the lack of money because my car needed fixing what happens next --- I get a really bad tooth/gum infection - not an abscess and the tooth itself is fine but it meant a nasty and expensive (although I am an NHS patient !) trip to the dentist (of which I have a genuine and terrible phobia, yes I cry and what should have been a 1/2 hour appointment turned into 2 1/2 hours!) to be prodded with nasty injections and drugs, to be given two lots of anti-biotics which cost me a lot and made me sick but it also meant I had to take two days off work - so even less money.

SO what did I do - well I bought myself some treats !!!! :-)
The latest book/dvd from Linda and Laura Kemshall...... Yummy this lush book ........ oh and this lush book (even though I have not seen the film yet - I knew the costumes would be worth reading about!!). After all I needed something to ease the pain :-)

4 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

1000 artisan textiles looks just up my line. You deserve a little treat..Jan

PeggyR said...

Ah you deserve a treat. Since my husband had his stroke on the 14th, I purchased a floral mug and some material. He is still in intensive care. So life really smacked me in the face!

DIAN said...

Yes, life can put hurdles in our way but somehow we muddle on.

I always turn to my textile art books when things get tough.

Trusting you feel a lot better soon.

Diana said...

Ha ha, I would do the same, Anna!! Hope you are OK now.