Monday, August 30, 2010
Mid Summer Fairy Update
Update of the current Mid Summer Fairies in progress..... Oberon is still at this stage - ideas in head at present.. Peaseblossom - I now have 283 leaves which will be stitched onto the stems in the sunshine this afternoon and this is what the practice layout looks like at the moment... Mustard Seed - this is a lovely botanical drawing of mustard from a book I saw at Jane Lemon's on our last visit and now at last the idea has gone down on paper (this morning) - the idea of nuno felting this costume came to me yesterday afternoon and this is the loose idea - there may be some traditional felting too - we will see how it grows... So far I have tried two experiments in felting this morning the first using this fibre fabric which is like lutrador, but it was too cheap to be lutrador.Obviously the wool I have used is not the right colour - these are just practice. The second sample was on a cotton scrim and this time there is a little white silk tops on top of the pink merino - again just practice.