Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another great day - again!

Last Saturday I spent another great day with the two Janes - we went to Glastonbury to see the Sacred Textiles exhibition and the Avalon embroiders guild exhibition. As you can see the weather changed to blue skies and it became lovely and warm... The Sacred Textiles exhibition was brilliant - a few very select beautiful pieces - The Avalon exhibition was nice but not my thing - a little too old fashioned/twee embroidery for my liking (so unfortunately no photos). On our way out of Glastonbury we had a quick look at a couple of shops and in one called Serendipity (!) I found this..... as you can see I could not resist - I have always wanted a huge purple bag!! Then on our way home we passed through Frome and stopped to another exhibition - HapticArt4 at Black Swan Arts. this was much more our thing - works including this by Yumiko Reynolds and some clever 3D felting.... I took lots of photos but am not sure if I can publish them here. Still it was another brilliant day - great funny company and very inspirational!

No comments: