Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The End, Bow, Curtain Call (Mustard Seed and First Fairy)

So after 2 years and 3 months (started 26 Feb 2009 and ended 24 May 2011) - the production is complete - The End, Bow, Curtain Call. I have finally finished the 7 Fairies for Mid Summer Night's Dream - The last two being First Fairy and Mustard Seed - more pictures are available to see on my A Body of Work blog. The three volumes of notes and photos are complete....stitched... labelled and fat (my mobile gives you some idea of the quantity of 2 years 3 months worth of notes). It feels really odd to have finished after all this time. I have laughed, cried, shouted and pulled my hair out during the last couple of years but I also feel I have achieved something special and have grown in my skill. I would like to thank all my friends (esp the members of MEG) who have encouraged and supported me through this project. I hope one day that they will all be displayed/exhibited together I will keep you informed if I find a venue, but for now they are all in the wardrobe.

4 comments:

DIAN said...

fantastic. Do you feel an encore coming on? I applaud you loudly for the effort you have put into this project and the stunning results.

fabriquefantastique said...

Well done!
Now, whats the next project?

Deb Hardman said...

Wow! That calls for a standing ovation! APPLAUSE!
APPLAUSE!
:~)

Julie said...

Congratulations Anna! What a great achievement! I do hope you get to exhibit this body of work one day soon. The dresses are beautiful .