Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MUSE 1 and scale

My plan for MUSE 1 is to work on a combination piece - to sort of translate this rough design, using colour but using zentangles for stitch texture, and finally 'quilting' the whole thing. My trouble is that i am rubbish at scaling. Here is Muse (the zentangle piece) I showed you in a previous post on the stitched grid ready for Muse 1. As you can see the scale is increased. Muse is roughly A3 in size already. I have stitched a sample using a scrap of the dyed fabric from the weekend to test my thread colour, I even 'quilted' the sample. It is random shapes just for fun. However when you see my sample against just one rectangle of Muse 1 I am not sure how the stitching will scale up !! Should I use the stitching scale of the sample - it will look rather compact/busy or do I try to scale up the zentangle designs. Each row of the sample (and Muse) is free machine stitched three times. to scale up it would need to be many more times - 6 or more. I am unable to decide the best way forward.

4 comments:

Karin Millson said...

This is going to be gorgeous... use your artistic integrity and do what is necessary to your original design to make it work... that is what I say anyway!

Emma said...

I agree! ..um goodness,wish I could be of more help.....6 times? Try one square with 4 times otherwise you'll need shares in Madera!

Virginia said...

Just LOVE it! Have you tried using a thinker thread in the bobbin and working from below? Just a thought...

DIAN said...

I have no helpful comment but look forward to the progress on this one.