Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Next step

The next step... I made a paper border for the black squares so that I could lay out the printed squares once they were cut - had to check the gap size.. Then it was time to cut the 16 squares and lay them out. I did not realise that it would be so hard to come up with 16 different ways to cut a square into 4 pieces. I wanted each one to be different and decided no curves.It took ages (with no pre-planning) but I think the end result is OK :-). Then whilst sorting out some other fabrics - I had an idea for yet another project and wanted to see if I had the fabrics I want, I found a dyed background fabric that is very similar in colour to my squares - OK so I like the colour combination and probably dyed lots of this colour combination in the past!! Perhaps once I have stitched the squares onto the black I should then have a coloured border? The squares do also look good on the cream of my carpet. What do you think?? Coloured border or not? Let me know your thoughts - for the moment I need to make a small sample to test out thread colours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very effective - the black lifts it nicely!

Emma said...

You did it, 16 different cuts! Ooh, black or cream, I like a bit of contrast but maybe a sample of each then we can compare ;)

Get well!