Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Monday, May 07, 2012

Queen of Hearts Update

I hate this new blogger style - the photos are really difficult to place.
My Queen of Hearts costume has changed drastically since my first design idea back in July 2011 (really almost a year ago??) (click here to see what I had thought of then). Now I am working on a 3.5 metre piece of fabric to use as the background of a Steampunk jacket that she will have.  I laid the black cotton on the kitchen floor (only surface big enough)

added a mix of red net with red and black twinkle nylon over the surface
Then I randomly stitched it with red cotton. You can see here that part of the fabric has a different combination - the reason for this will be revealed later.

I have attacked one corner with a heat gun but there is a lot of stitching to go yet - this is going to be a long project !!



When I get fed up with the struggle of sewing 3.5 metres and need a well deserved break I am also making new Kindle pouches and thread cuff/bracelets for my Etsy shop

No comments: