Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Monday, August 27, 2012

An Exhibition worth visiting

Bath Fashion Museum have some wonderful exhibitions.  In their special displays they show the costumes so that you can get right up close - not behind glass. - I love visiting. I would really recommend their latest exhibition is called Jubilee - it shows about 50 costumes of the Monarchy in film and stage.  I took 118 photos - loads of close ups. It's so interesting to see how these costumes are put together.  For example the costume worn by Patrick Mcgoohan as King Edward I in Braveheart looks like chain mail from a distance but up close it turns out to be a lovely knitted fabric with the surface painted

  Some are really beautiful, and elaborate...



And as I say you can get right up close to them.......


 The display includes costumes right up to date like the costume worn by Helen Bonner Carter as the Queen in the Kings Speech.



2 comments:

DIAN said...

ttompaoThat exhibition sounds really interesting. So many of these displays are so protected that you cannot appreciate much of the work.

I think I could spend hours, maybe days there.

thanks for sharing some of your pics. Maybe you could post some more.

sharon young said...

How fascinating, a must do visit, what a revelation re the chainmail. Is it the original Bath museum of costume? I used to visit there quite a lot many years ago.