Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Working update


I have just spent a lovely few days with my friends in Textiles 21 - as Urchfont Manor has closed we tried out the Kingcombe centre in Dorset - see their website here :http://www.kingcombe.org/  It is an amazing venue - so peaceful, no phone signal, organic food and beautiful views/walks.  Even the name of the village is magical - Toller Pocorum !  I finished the Queen of Hearts skirt - once it is ironed I will show you the complete outfit.  Anyway the other thing I started at Kingcombe was the background fabric for the Mad Hatter - 6.5 metres - I printed scissors, needles and cotton reels and then had a go at stitching.  Long way to go yet.

The other fun thing I did yesterday was go to the most amazing exhibition - Hollywood Costumes at that V&A museum. See website here: http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-hollywood-costume/
It was so well worth waiting 2 and a half hours for the timed ticket and the crowds of people to see three huge rooms full of the most beautiful costumes.  There is so much to read, hear and see at the exhibition - its a shame no photography, but the book is also amazing - its on my Christmas list.

1 comment:

Gina said...

That book is on my Christmas list too! Such a wonderful exhibition.