Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Rather you than me - UPDATE


Update on the race - the results have been published and my son came 78th out of the 218 registered runners - Fantastic!!

My son came to visit this weekend, however it was not just to see me for an early Mother's Day lunch but also to run the local 10k race. My daughter joined me to cheer all the runners on - she was in charge of the camera as I was doing the timing.

Here is son at the start of the run - OK so my daughter and I know where he is - about four rows in. We were amazed at the number of runners for such a small local event.  There were over 200+ runners and I guess some would be like my son - having travelled nearly 200 miles to get here!!
Below (left) he is passing in front of our house about 30 mins later and (right) coming up to the finishing line.  He had hoped to run the race in about 50 mins but came across the finish line at 47!! Well done son.

This was followed by a lovely Sunday Roast lunch out at a local pub - what a proud and lovely way to spend time with my family. I am such a lucky mum.

1 comment:

sharon young said...

Very well done to your son, a very good time, my DH used to run races a few years back, so I have experience of trying to get pics, you had the best job. And what a great way to celebrate.