Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

A reflective Sunday - White Rabbit and Klimt updates

Three sections to today's post plus a few photos to enjoy - A reflective Sunday, White Rabbit Pocket Watch update and Klimt Jacket Update.
A reflective Sunday:
I have lived in this house since February 2002 - when I purchased it newly built - I don't consider myself a great gardener but I have planted things over the years and love how the colour changes season by season, how it smells delicious season by season (from lilly of the valley, through lilac and sweet peas to honeysuckle and lavender). How I grow veg year after year (this year being the most prolific) - see all the pics below.  Oh and  I pulled my first baby carrot to see how they are doing in the new 1 metre veg bed:

Tomato and French beans and the 1 metre veg bed



 The reflection is that when I opened one of the bedroom windows I looked out onto my busy garden and thought how very sad my neighbours garden is - they moved in about 6 months after I did and have done NOTHING in their garden - how sad is that:

 My garden on left and next door on the right.

White Rabbit Pocket Watch Update:
I have started cutting out the excess from the case of the Pocket watch and started the prep for the actual watch itself - free machine stitched the numbers and edge. Cut out rusted fabric cogs and started a rough layout.




Klimt Jacket Update:
I have made 65 metres of cord - It had three passes through the sewing machine so has taken a week to produce (no surprise there!!) Stitched the first outline shapes - cord thin at the top, doubling in the middle and triple by the time it reaches the lower edge.
Laid out the first section - the reds and stitched them down with a metallic thread - I think it may need more work here but will wait until I have done all the other sections to see where the extra is needed:



1 comment:

Su said...

I keep thinking about getting one of those veg trugs - probably not worth it this year now though.

I agree it is a shame your neighbours don't do anything with their garden - at least it's tidy though!