Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Stuff - from the garden

So this heatwave has caused trouble - Mum has been in and out of hospital with the most severe nose bleeds I have ever seen - they kept her in on the last occasion but now have finally sent her home.  It has also taken its  toll on my garden - I can't afford to water the lawn or flower beds but I have had to keep my veg watered.  This has therefore provided me with tons of lovely fresh salad leaves....










And the tomatoes - well none of them failed as I expected so I have 25 or more plants which have started producing lots of toms - hope they ripen soon!  The carrots are delicious, the celeriac is  coming along nicely and the beans have started to use the onions as support instead of the canes as some beans are next to the veg bed (post on June 23)....
The other magnificent thing is my lavender bush - it is nearly 6 foot tall - just by the garden gate it is as tall....  this means that the crop flowers will be bigger than last year.

I have decided that I must start using up last years crop - flowers dried and today I have taken the buds off -

That's my phone next to the bags of last years crop - so today I have started to make these......  they are from some lovely 5 1/2 inch Indian cotton squares - which I have had for years - quite big but lovely - not sure how many I will make but they will be up for sale soon!!

No comments: