Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Update October 2013 - garden, Cas Holmes (New York) and Klimt Jacket

This is the first year I have not gone to the Knitting and Stitching show - feel lack of inspiration - I know by going it may have ignited my inspiration but I have not been in the right place to encourage it.
Garden update: First celeriac picked and eaten (delicious!)

 Last of the tiny carrots - Yummy!!

25 pounds of tomatoes picked, ripened and these last few turned into Pasta sauce and frozen. Onions drying in the garage,


Cas Holmes course pics - I was really disappointed with the course - not Cas - just the work I did based on her ideas - I was not organised enough and could not 'see' what the outcome should look like.  This is my 'page' but as you can see it is not balanced or exciting - won't do more of these...

However I did have a bit of an ah ha moment when one evening I went of on a tangent using my New York pics - This was a left handed (I am right handed) drawing of NY from under the Brooklyn bridge when I was there a couple of years ago,

 Turned into a paper collage - This is roughly A3 in size and I love it.
It even looked good photocopied - the tonal values are good.

The next one was portrait in layout and was also lovely.  The next was stitched rather than drawn and did not look right so I cut it up and re-arranged it but am not happy with the re-arrangement 
so I have divided it into three and two sections look good on their own,

My next plan is to try to translate these pieces of work into fabric works.
Klimt Jacket update: I have started to join the main pieces together.  Sorry a couple of the photos are a little blurred.


 I have started working on the lace that will be the ruff at neck and cuffs- its made on fine net and has thread only edging made on water soluble - yet to be dissolved.

Close up.

2 comments:

Iz said...

Well, it all looks wonderful to me - even the Cas Holmes workshop things that you don't like!

Linda’s Textiles said...

I agree, love your New York pieces! And your vegie garden looks very productive too.
Hope you will soon be feeling more inspired - I think many creative people go through these periods & eventually come out the other side.
It does look bleak until that happens.