Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, June 01, 2014

More Waste Not Want Not Items and finally some new work


Still not too well but hey that is not going to stop me at the moment :-) . My range of Waste Not Want Not items has grown again - I now have a range of note cards for sale in my Etsy shop


 New Work - As some of you know I often spend a Saturday working on my textiles but at the home of Jane Lemon - she is so inspirational, encouraging and I love her to bits.  Recently we discussed the fact that I am currently having a bit of a creative block (mostly because I am not well). Well a while ago we had a discussion about the fact that I am not very good at design for textile art pieces so Jane volunteered to teach me!! So I took some of my hundreds of pictures of doors to her one weekend.  We cut and arranged the pics into a 'design'.


 Then I had to trace it and fill in with tonal values to get the idea - my 'homework' was to transfer the design to calico ready for the next session.       When I got home that time I remembered I had been on a course with Wendy Dolan where I had done a nice technique of building fabrics, painting and stitching - ending up with these:

So I thought I would build up this new design in the same technique.












However when I got to the painting stage my colours were meant to be more gentle and bluer..  They came out a little too bright
So I left the piece (sorry no photo of the whole piece) until yesterday when I took all of the stuff to Jane.  Although my blue piece was OK and I could have just continued to work on it Jane took the scissors to it!! With my blessing, of course.  I remember letting Val Campbell-Harding do the same to my work in the past!!
We then rearranged my new work and added the work done with Wendy - in to the piece below - it needs a lot more work yet but at least  am doing something!!

 Here are a couple of close up pics of new new pieces - lots more stitching to go.

No comments: