Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Have you ever.....

Have you ever been to a craft show/exhibition, watched a demonstration and decided you must have a go at that? Or just fallen in love with 'stuff' and had to buy without knowing what to do with it?

Well over the years I have done both and as a consequence have a large stash of wool roving and silk fibres.  This is just a small selection of the bags and boxes of fibres!!...

So yesterday after reading a couple of my new books and surfing the internet I decided to try my hand at scarf making ---- again!! - yes I have tried before but have so much stuff what is the worst that could happen??

I have Nuno felted and wet felted before - to make the Mustard Seed costume, for example.

I cut my bubble wrap - 82 inches by 12, laid out some scrim and the Merino wool roving with silk additions and eventually made the scarf.  The only problem was that when rinsing the scarf the colour was coming out of the scrim so this morning I re-dyed the scarf and it now looks lovely. (see working pictures below...)






 
Not bad - even if I say so myself :-) - so today it was time to start another one using up more of my stash - this one may be finished tomorrow as I am off out later. I presume you can continue day after day, until it is done?? This one hopefully will have a fringe off the scrim and will also be dyed later.



 It has cotton fibres as well as silk tops added
Have a fantastic New Year's Eve and see you in 2015