Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Change of mind - Jacket

Back in August I started creating a piece of background fabric to make two jackets - see post here .  I have completed the piece for the museum jacket - that's on hold at the moment.  The second much larger piece I recently dyed - however the blue colour did not come out as dark/grungy as I wanted.  It has however come out rather a lovely blue.

 This fabric
became this fabric.........

So I have changed my mind about a Steampunk/post apocalyptic jacket. I am going to make a 'Boro' Jacket instead - once I have cut it out I am going to spend many happy hours hand stitching to make it look like the Japanese Boro Jackets of old - like this one.

No comments: