Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cord making - thread only bowls - a background

I have been making cords since the late 1980's.  I made an African Neck piece from cord as one of the pieces for my City and Guilds Part I - see below:



I have continued to make cords and use them in many of my projects - especially my costumes, Now that I am using up all the left over cords I have made over the years to  make the bowls  I have been finding cords in various boxes in my work room - like these:


Today I came across this mega ball of cord :-) !! Not sure when I made it or what it had been intended for but obviously it was never used - I wonder how many rainbow bowls it will make :-)

The ball on the left measures 12 metres (I was able to measure it) - mobile phone to show scale -  I have no idea how long the big one is.!!

No comments: