Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Day 24 - Another Tea Bag Postcard

Today I'm showing you the second tea bag postcard.
To answer a comment - these postcards are not just dyed using tea. They are made with tea bags. I use Earl Grey round tea bags, making the tea as usual (and drinking it of course!!) then I leave the bags to dry in the kitchen - if you flatten the bags out the colour dries pale, if you leave them scrunched up (as you squeeze with your teaspoon) you get lovely patterns!
Once they are dry I empty the leaves out by making a tiny slit on the less attractive side (often difficult to decide). The dry leaves either go out into the garden or on the soil of house plants - it makes a great mulch full of nutrients for your plants - and it helps to put the slugs off too as the small leaves stick to them!! Sorry I digress - with the dry tea bag I just stitch them to calico overlapping with text on my sewing machine and hey presto tea bag fabric!
Below is a close of of the edge of the latest piece and on the right is the bag of dry tea bags I have ready to use - when I said last night I use loads I was not joking !!!!!
Some of you have already seen a couple of tea bag creations I have made - here are links to the pages on my website where you will see a) my first tea bag vessel - http://www.pumpkin1.fsnet.co.uk/vessels.htm and b) my Teas Maid Dolls - http://www.pumpkin1.fsnet.co.uk/dolls.htm if anyone has any more questions please feel free to ask.

3 comments:

Digitalgran said...

These teabag postcards are lovely Anna.

Dianne said...

Thanks Anna!! What a great way to recycle, and the postcards look great! Looks like I'll be saving all of my teabags from now on.

Angela said...

What lovely cards Anna, and a great way to recycle too :)