Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Birthday Postcards

I apologise to the two ladies whose birthdays were in June and whose birthday postcards were not sent out in June!! They will be posted on Monday but they have taken me rather longer than I usually take. The reason is explained here:

My lovely daughter has been clearing her room - as any mum would know that is a difficult task - but as any textile bod would appreciate before sending any of her clothes to the local charity shop I have a quick look through to see if there are any 'textiles' to salvage and use. Well.... I found, as a start, two jumpers - FELT came to mind. The one shown below was Lambswool, Angora and Nylon. Suffice it to say this is it hanging on a standard hanger....Popped in a v. hot wash and a v. hot tumble and it would no longer fit onto a hanger - so the photo has a bottle of Lumiere paint for scale.
Next step was to cut off the hem cuff and as I don't have an embellisher machine (yet) I used my two felting needles to apply some of the many thread off cuts I have from my sewing machine (see I don't even throw those out).

The designs were coming along nicely until.......... I broke both needles.......
So it was time to resort to the favourite hand stitch (Sorbello) and a variety of threads. Then a layer of purple paint as I did not like the jumble of colours by this stage.
A touch of Pearl Ex sparkle and a few orange stitches to give them zing and there they are at last - two postcards ready to send......

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Brilliant Anna -great recycling

Helen in the UK said...

What fun - looking forward to seeing this in person :)