Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Chat

Ok so I've not blogged for a few days - been trying to be busy. It's hard when you get used to a particular sewing machine and it is not available - being repaired (I have a couple). The Pfaff 2170 has 'lost it's timing' and although would only take a few minutes to fix - Steve (the repairer) wanted to keep it for a couple of days to give it his full attention. I will have to fetch it before college on Friday.

Anyway for the moment I wanted to share my latest colouring exercise. My young people dislike the fact that my hair is beginning to turn grey - they say that at 47 I am too young to be grey - so I dye my hair - have done for a while. In the past I have tried many darker plum colours but for a while (last couple of years - feeling depressed I have used a 'normal' dark brown. Today I decided to go back to the fun colours and chose an 'intense red' well it has not come out quite as I expected - to me this is more like dark ginger!!! Still it will grow out and there is no grey! I can go back to plum/violet next time - I'd really love to be a bright purple!. Excuse the fact that I have no make up on!

I've also been reading quite a bit recently - have the new thr3fold book/magazine by the Kemshalls - it's great as always! The other book is on order and that is Superfoods to boost your mood by Alexandra Massey - I had a look at it in a book shop recently and it may just be what I need to get the spring back in my spirit (it is about food to help with depression - I hate the idea of going on medication so this may be the answer!).

6 comments:

Carol said...

Love the colour, and glad to see you about again. hope your well. Love carol t

Dale Anne Potter said...

LOL
You could have told them - they are the reason for the grey hairs!!! LOL

There is a new book "Going Gray" by Anne Kreamer......have ordered it at the local library.

Dale Anne Potter said...

Forgot to put the link in my comment:
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/0316166618?tag=mycrearamb-20&camp=8641&creative=330649&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0316166618&adid=0GJANH5DR3S050RPBZNF&

gosh that's huge...hope it works.

Ruth said...

I'm 46 and have tons of grey. Of course I have no children to point it out so I just go natural!

Julie said...

Your hair looks a lovely colour . Anna. I had mine highlighted recently and it came out in stripes- not a good look! It's toned down now tho and I really like it.

Val said...

Hi Anna - Your colour looks super - you can only 'wear purple when you are old'! Hope your Pfaff gets better soon. Val