I have received another one of the pieces from my rust challenge... This lovely piece of work is by Arlee and is so clever! It is larger than I expected A5 and is a joy to behold! THANKS. Historical Heirlooms - Since getting back from Urchfont I have been too exhausted to do anything. Tonight, however I decided to start unpacking the boxes and I must admit I did have more samples than I had first thought! At the weekend I thought I had done very little work but when you see the rust pile and the first distressed pile you can see I did really do some homework.... Here is the rust pile and here the distressed pile... I have separated out some samples to show you - these now need to be put into my book - which is part completed - it is an old text book distressed ! (Of course) I will show it to you once it is ready for the samples. These photos show two samples - the before and the after. After being either coffee stainrf, attacked with a grater or grilling (or various combinations of all three) - YES Grilling - as in putting under the grill, alongside the bacon!! One sample I grilled rather too much and it ended up in the bin as a pile of black soot - flames and smoke filling the kitchen!!
This last sample is newspaper woven through an old dish cloth which was then grilled. Making my pile of distressed samples has been so much fun I am really looking forward to doing the latest list of homework - and in fact doing some of hte homework from last time that I have not done yet. I am definately re-inspired!