Ok so after the last rather depressing post - no nothing has changed - I am still sinking into the depths, even cancelled the course I was going to attend in August! However today I have a helper here trying to make things seem a little better. We are not allowed to talk about work but we are allowed to talk about stash busting!!
Between the two of us we have loads of stuff that we never use and it's about time we did something about it. So I have agreed to use my blog for the next few days as a SALES Site. We did consider Ebay and Etsy but decided against either for the moment. Ebay fees defeat the object of passing on items to textile bargain hunters - and Etsy is really meant for 'art works' rather than selling 'materials'.
Below are the first 'packs' we have put together - there will be more threads including packs of textural threads, Isocord, overlocker threads, stamps, even packs of tyvek pieces over the next few days...
To start off we have looked through T's thread collection. She has a large storage box of cottons, polyesters, Polysew and other unidentified cotton/poly mixes. Some reels are a little dusty but once you have unwound the first few inches are in perfect condition, some reels are part used. We have started to pack them into interesting or 'useable' colour combinations (the only colour exercise I have done so far). I have tested the reels myself and they are fine. (To be honest I have been using up T's threads for some time now!!)
To get the ball rolling T has suggested a set price of £1 a pack with postage in UK being just 50p per purchase. That way if you buy more than one pack you get a real bargain. (The postage cost is covered by T she has a deal with Royal Mail!!) For overseas we may have check the weight etc. I can accept Paypal or personal cheques (cheques UK only).
If you would like to purchase a pack please email me with your selection and we can sort out the details.
1. Deep/bright red, navy, pink, black and cream
2. 5 blues SOLD3. 5 greens SOLD4. bright pink, navy, grey and red5. carrot organge (Pick is very bad), pale blue and cream6. deep red, cream and pale blue7. Navy, bright red, bright green and white (bit dusty)8. cream to brown SOLD9. Grey, pale pink, rust and bright red10. 2 grey and a red11. Cream, donkey brown and grey12. shades of cream (one is a grey/cream)13. slate blue and two blue/greys. (they look much bluer in the photo)
14. four blues - two almost navy
15. pink, brown, rust and red16. four browns
17. cream to dark brown SOLD
18. off white to cream and brown
19. cream and pale olive shades
20. white, black red, blue and green
21. shades of pink SOLD
22. deep cream, olive and donkey brown
23. pale pink (bit dusty) baby pink and bright pink
24. more cream to brown
25. white, pale blue, 2 greys and navy