Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Procrastinating

So is this procrastinating or being creative?? ....
As I have recently been tightening my belt, as my children have left home (for the moment anyway) and I am sort of jobless and broke I have gradually emptied one of my two small freezers. Tucked at the bottom just now I found a bag of salmon that needs cooking. In the cupboard I also found a potato, one lonely spud. So I have just found a recipe for salmon fishcakes. The recipe says it makes 8 fishcakes and serves 4 - so being the mathematician that I am I calculated that by using half the ingredient list I should make 4 cakes - two for tonight's dinner and two for another day. Boy.... I'm good at maths and by chance my salmon and spud turned out to be exactly half the quantity!! Hooray!!
I duly lightly steamed the fish, boiled the spud and put the two together with lots of fresh dill (I love dill) and I have just finished putting the fish cakes together. Making the round shapes in reasonably full handful quantities - enough for a good healthy portion - then flour, egg and breadcrumbs . BUT LOOK.......... There are 7 and a baby one - the five are on a full size dinner plate so they are not small by any means! If I had the full recipe ingredients I would have had loads!!!! Now they are in the fridge chilling until I grill, fry or bake them later. Good job I like salmon!! Thinking now of a light dill sauce to go with them and salad!! drool drool
STOP IT - go get some art work done!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Oh, yes. I'd say that was creative. Gosh, I love salmon, too.

Quilt Pixie said...

its creative if you've been dreaming while following the recipie, modified the recipie, or simply wanted to... That's my line and I"m sticking to it :-)

Doreen G said...

Sounds good Anna -I love fish cakes.