Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Procrastinating

So is this procrastinating or being creative?? ....
As I have recently been tightening my belt, as my children have left home (for the moment anyway) and I am sort of jobless and broke I have gradually emptied one of my two small freezers. Tucked at the bottom just now I found a bag of salmon that needs cooking. In the cupboard I also found a potato, one lonely spud. So I have just found a recipe for salmon fishcakes. The recipe says it makes 8 fishcakes and serves 4 - so being the mathematician that I am I calculated that by using half the ingredient list I should make 4 cakes - two for tonight's dinner and two for another day. Boy.... I'm good at maths and by chance my salmon and spud turned out to be exactly half the quantity!! Hooray!!
I duly lightly steamed the fish, boiled the spud and put the two together with lots of fresh dill (I love dill) and I have just finished putting the fish cakes together. Making the round shapes in reasonably full handful quantities - enough for a good healthy portion - then flour, egg and breadcrumbs . BUT LOOK.......... There are 7 and a baby one - the five are on a full size dinner plate so they are not small by any means! If I had the full recipe ingredients I would have had loads!!!! Now they are in the fridge chilling until I grill, fry or bake them later. Good job I like salmon!! Thinking now of a light dill sauce to go with them and salad!! drool drool
STOP IT - go get some art work done!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Oh, yes. I'd say that was creative. Gosh, I love salmon, too.

Donna said...

its creative if you've been dreaming while following the recipie, modified the recipie, or simply wanted to... That's my line and I"m sticking to it :-)

Doreen G said...

Sounds good Anna -I love fish cakes.