The following photos look surreal - taking pics of garments on a black mannequin with a black background makes the garments look like they are floating - really lovely!!
So I have managed to finish off my two latest items - the 'outfit' Snow White - it is made up of three pieces - an underskirt, a pair of panniers and an over dress. Pics below Front, Front close up, Back and back close up. Then there is my rust and indigo bodice. The rust fabric was just dipped into the indigo vat very quickly so it came out more pale turquoise/green than proper bright denim blue. Before I show you the whole bodice - the hardest part of the process was painting the eyelets!! I used commercial eyelets and have a setter so they are very easy to work with but as they were bright silver I thought I needed to tone them down to match the bodice. This was easier once they were in place - I did try before but when setting painted eyelets the paint was scrapped off. I used Adirondack Alcohol Ink to colour the eyelets using a mixture of Ginger and Butterscotch colour. So the bodice was just my rusted/indigo fabric very lightly quilted following some of the rust design - very very simple!! Here you have the front, left side, back and right side. Finally a close up of the front lacing to show off my own made cord!!