Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

New Forest

Yesterday my brother was visiting my parents so the four of us decided to go for a day out into the New Forest - I was actually born in the New Forest - no - not actually under a bush - in the 'capital' of the New Forest - Lyndhurst, so the place as a strong pull on my heart.

It was a glorious day. My brother found lots of these..... (for his dinner) - it is quite safe my family have been collecting edible mushrooms for many years, but he definitely will not be eating this one - isn't it cute? We were visited by this .... and several of these.... whilst we were trying to have lunch. I spent the afternoon taking pictures of things like this.... and this.... It was amazing to see a patch of these beautiful dung beetles (no dung in sight). They look black from above but are a beautiful iridescent blue/purple. How's this for a close up... He was walking along the moss towards my camera.
A most enjoyable day.

No comments: