Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Spiral Sketchbook 3

Someone asked me the other day about the cover of my Spiral Sketchbook. As it was a boring navy blue 2008 diary - of course - I could not leave it like that so what have I done..... Firstly (and I forgot to take photos) I cut two spirals from thick card and glued them to the front, then a fine layer of Gesso to cover the whole surface making a bit of texture on the spirals. Here it is drying in the kitchen - you can also see the progress of the new diary 2008 A4 diary being painted. Next a quick spritz of my fav. Adirondack Colour Wash in Eggplant (I use this a lot and have only used about 1/2 inch of the bottle (such good value!!)). Next I painted Golden Acrylic in Interference Violet. The final topping was a rub of rubbing cream in gold, only on the spirals. You can just make out the two tone Interference here on the left... and there it is!! (still needs to dry a bit more - the white is some of the Gesso not quite dry)

3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Wow, that sure jazzes up the sketchbook cover, I love it. Cheers, Robin

Nikki said...

Love the colors and textures!

Heather said...

Beautiful spirals and lovely textures - your book cover is gorgeous. I love the hexagonal book in an earlier post too.