Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Creative Coaching

Marion - otherwise known as Artmixter (Blog HERE) is in the process of writing a book based on her other 'career' - She is a Creative Coach. You can read more about her coaching HERE.

I was really lucky this afternoon to have a phone session with her!! You may remember that I have been wittering in my blog for months now that I have no focus/theme for my art work and I had lost my direction, my muse had gone missing somewhere and I generally am sinking into a non-creating depression.

The session with Marion has done me the power of good and I would like to recommend her to you all. I felt miserable before we started (I have been waking up crying for no reason recently) but by the end of our conversation and since I have been on such a high. That is one reason I am not going to bother with the second half of the studio tidying until another day. I have much more interesting stuff to do now!!

With carefully chosen questions Marion has made me not only realise that I DO have a THEME/FOCUS but I have done for many years without noticing!! My focus/theme is Recycling or as Marion suggested Re-purposing!!!! Whilst talking to Marion I had looked around my studio (which I have been tidying) and realised that virtually all the work I have done is recycled in some form or other - for example fabrics purchased from charity shops, newspapers, even the Cans I use!

After more discussions and questions from Marion things seem to be falling into place. She has given me some work to do - thinking, research etc to get me back into the creative flow. I also have a list of ideas which we briefly touched on to literally get me started again.

If you are stuck - you must get in touch with Marion and have a coaching session with her!

I don't want this to sound cheesy but I would like to thank Marion very much for this amazing turn round in my thinking. I am now off to write up my notes from our session.

12 comments:

Carol said...

How ab, lovely to se your positive about what your going to do, great news! Sending you some good vibes to get you on your way!

carole brungar said...

This girl sounds like an angel! Lucky you, you go girl!!!

Carole ;)

Gina said...

Great to hear you sounding so positive. I think it is very easy to "lose our way" when we work creatively and lack confidence. I received some good advice from my tutor recently when he told me to "listen to myself" - it really worked!

fontainefleurie said...

your story gives me hope - the feeling no to know what the essence is of what you're doing can make you feeling disabled. You cannot see it clear anymore. Great Marion helps you with that and give your creativity again wings to fly. I can need some of that now I guess... greetings Dorie

artmixter said...

It was a pleasure to work with you, Anna. Just remember that all the ideas and the decisions are yours...you are in charge of your creative destiny!

Nuvofelt said...

Anna, delighted for you. Look forward to seeing the next stage.....

Karen said...

Anna - how wonderful, I am really pleased for you
Karen
http://artistsgardenstudio.wordpress.com/

Chauncey said...

Anna, you do beautiful work. So glad Marion was able to coach you back into your very creative self.

Pamela Baker said...

Anna -I am going to have a one-on-one session with Marion also. I really need to see the positive side to my work. You just instilled in me I made the right decision. Glad it worked out so well!

jstinson said...

Nice blog feature. I'm glad Marion was able to help re-direct your creativity. Marion, bless you for helping others!

Pamela Baker said...

So glad to hear about how well your session with Marion went. I have talked to her about her guidance for a few stumbling blocks that I have. I am going to convo her now and set up something for this week. Now I can't wait!
Great article also, and am glad to say I am also one of her "guinea pigs" as she calls us, for her new book.

storybeader said...

That's great! I'm so glad you got your groove back! And Artmixer is featured in my Almost Wordless Wednesday this week. WooHoo!