Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Small Steps - back into Creativity

I have several things I want to accomplish in the next phase of my life and I think with the creative coaching from Marion (Artmixter -here) I will be able to get where I want to be! Within the process we have been shown ways of prioritising our creative desires, for want of a better phrase.

One of my aims to get myself re-inspired and actually into the act of creating was to work my way through some of my favourite 'how-to' articles in Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine. There are 16 of these so far - I had listed them by date order as I looked through the magazines and then sorted the list into what I thought was the order of preference by using one of Marion's techniques.

However during my phone session with her Marion asked why I needed to 'prioritise' these choices. There is no real reason - so she suggested just putting the titles in a bowl and picking one at random. I did that this morning. My intention was to do one project a fortnight or so.

I find this whole process of 'choosing' absolutely fascinating and I think Marion's advise and support should be taken up by anyone in this situation.

Anyway what I found interesting today was that the first one out of the bowl was in fact the second in date order (2/16) and number 10 (10/16) in my 'preferences' sorting. I took out the relevant magazine and looked at the article again. It was a 'paper' based journalling idea - I am not going to follow it because I realised that I have been using this technique in my journals for some time now - either I must have found the same technique 'taught' by someone else, somewhere else or it is just one of those things that is 'natural' for me to do!! (If that makes sense).

So next pick from the bowl - looking at this again has made me realise that it does not really interest me that much anyway - so another one not to be done!! As a point of interest this was no 9 (9/16) in the original list and last in the 'prioritising' technique (16/16)!!

I am beginning to think - Do I really NEED to use these ideas to spark myself off again??? Do I WANT to do these that much at all??? I will see what the next pick brings.

PS - note added 2 hours later - it has taken pick 5 (!!!) to make me decide to do my own thing!! I am now really sure that I can do this myself and it's thanks to Marion!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have been give the blog butterfly award go to my blog for all the details.