Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Took the plunge - Oberon

The pattern for Oberon's doublet was drafted from this lovely book.The instructions are not too clear about how to put it together but hey I have a lot of work to do before I get to that stage. So I took the plunge and cut it out half an hour ago..... here is the view of my kitchen floor and a close up... When I opened out the two fronts I noticed that they are not as even as I would have liked - the fabric strips were randomly stitched together and you can see one side has finer strips (closer together) and the other side has much paler larger strips. There are still pattern pieces yet to cut out but I have a bit more work I would like to do to the base fabric for those (ie the skirts and collar). I am going to ponder whether I should slash all the pieces too and have a coloured lining. By the way the seams are on the right side of the fabric so they could fray as part of the decoration. The reverse side is too smooth for my liking. More thinking - whilst I mow the lawn??

No comments: