Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Peaceblossom questions

To answer some recent questions about Peaceblossom for those who are interested.
Firstly I must say - this is only the 2nd time I have used green in my art work and right now I am torn as to whether I like it - I think I do.

The costume is one of the 7 costumes I am making for the fairies in Mid Summer Night's Dream. It will be a tutu style outfit with the bodice background stitched (go here to see the printing stage) then covered with leaves, tendrils, flowers and pods- which I have been showing you.

I have so far completed 65 large leaves, there is a pile of smaller ones to go. - I don't know how many more I will need I am just making them until the pile looks good and then I will make more once I start to assemble them on the bodice.
I have 9 large flowers completed so far, 2 small ones - again there are piles to go yet.
I have 5 pods done - not sure how many more.

I have yet to decide on how the 'skirt' part will be made - could be sweet pea colours - could be greens.

I may not show you any more for a while as the next phase is really more of hte same and that would be boring you.

I am also working on my Oberon costume at the same time - but this is more in the 'thinking' stage.

Any questions - happy to answer them.

1 comment:

DIAN said...

Thanks for the explanation: I am always curious about the way things have been made. Never boring.

I love the green. I find it really relaxing to work with.