Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

More Felt with my companion

So whilst his 'mum and dad' have been out this afternoon I have had a felt making companion..... Firstly this was good..... but then a chair much closer to me was the preferred location. Rocky has been so good this afternoon. I have made more felt. I found a lovely skein of tops given to me by Myfanwy Hart of Winifred Cottage - click here for her shop. I also found a skein of silk tops which matched it beautifully so..... I laid out the wool, covered it with the silk, wet it, then rolled and rolled and rubbed and rubbed and hey presto another lovely scarf - not so holey and a little longer with a nice glossy side. (sorry photo is a little fuzzy).Then it was back to one sample for the actual costume project. Small piece of cotton muslin which I had dyed the other day - measuring approx 21 x 22 cms. Two colours of wool tops - neither of which are good on their own but carded together produced a lovely piece..... and the shrinkage was not too bad - the back looks quite nice too. Now measures approx 14cm x 16 cm. The other thing I have done is some printing - using the two thermofax screens I purchased at Alli Palli to enhance the recently dyed cotton which I am going to use for the background (in the slashes) of Oberon's breeches - (I used silk for the doublet) When the pieces are pulled through you will only get glimpses of the spirals same as for the doublet.Time to rest now - this afternoon of work has really made my back ache.

No comments: