Note

PLEASE NOTE - WORK SHOWN ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHT - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE ADDING TO PINTEREST OR TO ANY OTHER SITE. THANK YOU.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Felt

Where have I been - nowhere
What have I been doing - not a lot !!

Actually - I have been to Jane's for another stitchy day - where I was able to join lots of my rust dyeing pieces together ready to start the breeches for Oberon. I do love going to her house. She very kindly gave me a whole heap of books on Historic costumes - some of which were given to her when she was at Sadlers Wells and even one which is very special had an inscription inside that was given to her on her 21st birthday. They are a great resource for my future costumes.
But at home it is very very difficult to sew with a Pug on your lap...... Rocky likes to sleep on my lap when I am in the studio which means most work is impossible. The good news is that they (all three of them) move out next weekend when I am at Urchfont again (hooray!). I know I will miss them but I have such plans to get work done. All I have managed today whilst they were all out for a walk is my first attempt at a cobweb/network piece of felt. I found a piece of multi coloured fleece (with matching silk tops), laid out a sort of scarf shape and set to work. It has not turned out quite how I expected - a little shorter, thinner and with a few more holes than I anticipated but HEY - it is my first ever piece of something so fine!! Currently out in the garden drying...... Can you see the beautiful leaves from my cherry tree - they all dropped yesterday !

Now I am going to practice some small Nuno felt samples again in preparation for the making of Mustardseed. I hope to get some of that done next weekend at Urchfont where I will have access to a larger table than at home.

1 comment:

DIAN said...

Fantastic felting!!! I have some tops just waiting for some attention. Now I feel really inspired by your results.

The cobwebby one is lovely.